Freelance Travel Writer
The Pin the Map Project is a lifestyle and travel website founded in 2012 by Travel Journalist and Editor, Nikki Vargas. The Pin the Map Project covers an array of topics—from world issues, solo travel, destination guides and hotel reviews—with a mission to help its readers navigate trip planning and find inspiration for their next getaway. Since its inception, The Pin the Map Project has grown to reach an estimated 200,000 unique monthly readers per month and over 50,000 social media fans and followers worldwide. Partnering with major travel brands, tourism boards and airlines, The Pin the Map Project continues to grow as a niche travel site catering to a loyal base of travel enthusiasts.
We are looking to hire freelance travel writers who will be tasked with creating (5) original stories for The Pin the Map Project per month. This is a remote position that will be a contract. The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 to 3 years of writing experience. Must be able to provide samples of previously published work.
- Demonstrate a clear passion for travel and travel writing. Please provide samples of travel writing.
- Must be able to commit to 5 stories per month.
Perks of the Job
- Opportunity to travel on press trips.
- Travel perks including free hotel stays, travel products, etc.
Send resume and two writing samples to PintheMapManagement@gmail.com.